Saturday 4 August 2018

Go Ape

We started the day on Thursday with a carb loaded breakfast as I finally made Danish pastries. When we were in Copenhagen I fell in love with Tebirkes, an almond filled pastry topped with poppy seeds that are not easily found outside of Denmark. My version looked nothing like the ones we had and I'm not sure they tasted much like them either but they were rather tasty nonetheless. Tasty enough in fact that I managed to force two down!


But in my defence I was going to need lots of energy... ready to Go Ape! James, my stepson and his wife Lizzie had given me my treetop adventure as a birthday present, so it was lovely that as they are staying with us at the moment they could join in with our day out.


Lizzie and I braved the treetops whilst the boys stayed firmly on the ground... to look after the dog and sample cake apparently (I know, after all those pastries too!)


There were loads of very wobbly crossings, from rope bridges to tightropes


Some amazing high speed zip wires (I loved them!) to bring us down to ground from the tree tops


And best of all a very high up free-fall Tarzan swing that was so exciting I was disappointed only to get one go!


And it is official that I am now a gorilla! (and I've ticked off another sixty x sixty


I know I am just a little bit crazy and tree top adventures may not be everyone's idea of fun but Thetford forest is a lovely place for a day out with plenty of beautiful walks through the forest... although I was already eyeing up the Segway track for another time.


As long as you don't mind all the gorillas swinging overhead!

17 comments:

  1. What a wonderful day out. Bet those pastries were tasty too. B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. The best thing about starting this project is all the fabulous times I've had.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic Gina, that looks like great fun! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Danish pastries I can do but wobbly rope bridges ... no way!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The wobbly bridge was easier than the pastries!

      Delete
  5. that's an evocative portrait that speaks volumes

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have painted a wonderful gorilla and I shall now think of you as Supergran! I don't think I'd have coped with all that even when I was only 60 but I know I'd have managed a Danish Pastry, and still could!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the idea of being supergran! 😁

      Delete
  7. Congratulations, Gina, that looked so much fun and I admire your bravery. Danish pastries look very moreish-the poppy seeds were certainly a different topping.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think the poppy seeds cut the sweetness somehow

      Delete
  8. I would like the zip-wires but the wobbly bridges? Nah!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Gina! I think I would have opted for looking after the dog and cake eating too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're so agile. Well done! And nice pastries too!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.