Wednesday 6 February 2008

A Minxy Fairy!

Today I've ignored the housework etc so that I could work on my embroidery of Minx's fairy... and here she is.. an appliqued and free machined fairy ! I was really happy with the way this turned out, even though initially I thought I would like to work in hand stitching (which I still might do!) I like the way that there is something about a machined line of stitches that resembles a pencil line. This will be the front of a bag but I haven't finished it because I didn't have the right fabric to use as a lining - but I've found what I need and it has been ordered!




One of the reasons it works well has to be because the original drawing is so gorgeous! A very talented Miss Minx!


Today's other creative offering was more muffins (look away Lucy!) - sticky toffee flavour, which though I say so myself were pretty muffinlicious!


Finally... totally unrelated to anything else... some daffodils! My Mum brought me some potted daffs last week and they've all bloomed. So here they are... just because they look so cheerful!


12 comments:

  1. Miss Minks looks so cute...and flowers....spring is coming.....funny...yummy...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Minx is so excited to see her fairy on your blog - I've had to print it off so that she can take it to show her teacher!!!

    If you get the kettle on I'll be there in a few hours for one of those yummy looking muffins :)

    Lesley xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this Gina. I can see it as a whole range of birthday cards, stationery etc. Go for it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now I'm feeling totally depressed! That picture is fabby-von-dabby-diddly-umptious and my feeble attempt is going to look rubbish now! Please can you stop being so talented and showing me up????? And as for those muffins - now that's just plain cruel!

    Off to eat some cardboard.

    Lucy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hasn't that fairy come out well? I've never been very successful with machine embroidery. As for those muffins ... mmmmmmm. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful, beautiful fairy, Gina! Clever you and clever Minx too. Yum, I can cyber-taste those muffins! Delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What talented women you bloggers are. I knew Angela had some special talents (sadly cooking isn't among them) but since she introduced me to the blogs I have been amazed by the wit and good humour you all express. Makes my workaholism and train-spotting look tame in comparison!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Muffinlicious is surely not a word :) but perhaps it should be. Have fun and soak up some sun and rum for the rest of us (though to be fair, it was lovely and sunny here today)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your fairy is gorgeous!! And I want to eat the WHOLE plate of muffins....yumbo..

    ReplyDelete
  10. i love the fairy! just found your blog for the first time, it's great i'll definately be back to see what you're up to

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.