Saturday 28 May 2011

Marvellous Mail

One of the best bits about taking part in the Postman's Knock postcard swap is the anticipation and then excitement of receiving something through the post other than junk mail or bills!


So when this envelope arrived for me from Jo this morning it caused great excitement.... and even more when I found a wrapped parcel inside.


I wasn't disappointed... as this was the wonderful postcard wrapped up inside...

Which opened up to reveal a beautiful butterfly. What a super interpretation of my theme of revealment and concealment. Thank you Jo... I love it!


I had to send a postcard to Jill this week, whose theme is windows... so I chose to stitch a "Room with a View". You can see more of the postcards swapped this week on the Postman's Knock blog... despite problems signing in and out of blogger... leaving comments....

and not to mention the blimmin' spacing which I still can't sort out no matter how much I play around with the html!

17 comments:

  1. Love what the postman brought you, it's beautiful. You postcard is such a great idea and great fun, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gina, what a wonderful surprise the postie brings, better then the dreaded bills!!
    The signing in/out on blogger is a current known problem, found via the Help a solution which worked for me - clear out your cache.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad now that I didn't choose Blogger,although I'm sure Wordpress will probably have plenty enough glitches of its own! Love the postcards - they are so beautifully thought out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful postcards and ... Jo ... if you are reading this I have tried to leave comments for you on your last couple of posts including the one you have just posted about your butterfly but there is no box for me to complete so will pop back tomorrow or Monday x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jo's cards are beautiful aren't they Gina? They're like owning miniature paintings. I also love what you did for Jill too. Every posting brings out better and better ideas from us all. Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful beautiful...I am soooo jealous...Polly is in love with your doll...do you sell them??? they would make wonderful presents for a 15 year old....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such lovely post to recieve and equally to send.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such clever interpretations and beautiful results. That's a lovely swap to be part of.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a treasure, I love the vintage look. And I do love mine.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The postcards are wonderful - how clever and talented people are!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. how wondewrful to get such a beautiflul card through the door from an online friend. It is so lovely. Your chicken card is super too. I've never dared to get involved in an online challlenge but rthis makes me think I should! M x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jo has such a soft style all of her own......... postively ethereal. Love the contrast between outside and inside on the one you sent on the subject of "Windows"......

    ReplyDelete
  13. What lovely cards - it's always fund getting parcels!

    Pomona x

    ReplyDelete
  14. I loved the PRISM exhibition at the Mall Galleries last week. The standard of work was incredibly high and your Lace book was gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've enjoyed fanning my flame again and catching up. You have been so busy and I've enjoyed reading all about it...and the cake of course.

    ReplyDelete
  16. The postcards are lovely - as you say something nice other than pizza delivery leaflets!!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.