Friday 7 September 2007

Holiday!

I've been working on my Lutradur and Lace sample - adding quite a bit of both hand and machine stitching. I would like to add more so it's not finished yet but now I've got to pack away my sewing machine because tomorrow I'm off on holiday !

I'm very excited because together with my six City and Guilds students who finished this summer, I'm off to stay on the west coast of France for a week long embroidery class called "Sea Themes" with Val Holmes. Stewart is coming along too (brave man!) and we are taking a couple of days to drive down. When we are busy in the studio he will do a bit of exploring, relaxing and generally chilling and then we can meet up for dinner in the evening. We had to laugh when the booking form came back listing us as "Seven embroiderers and one person!" This is where we will be staying - doesn't it look wonderful!




I've also finished these which will be in the post this afternoon to a couple of new friends... There will be more ATCs from this fabric when I come back, which I will put up for trade/swap.





And finally, thank you to Lynda because this arrived in the post for me yesterday. It is beautiful and the photograph does not do justice to the colours. I feel very privilaged... gifts and a holiday!




I'll be back in a week or so hopefully with lots of pictures of what we've all been doing!

7 comments:

  1. Hope you have a great time, looks a lovelly place and look forward to seeing what you've done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's official! Stewart is a person! lol I suppose that's better than being a "plus one". Have a fantastic time both of you. As usual some lovely work again today - I shall have to make some more ATCs so I can trade!
    Juliex

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Gina hope this works - I am textile groupie AKA Pam Green
    Love you blog - have a great holiday have thought about doing a Val Holmes let me know what it was like. Cheers Pam

    ReplyDelete
  4. oooh I'm so jealous! Have a great time and take lot's of photos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like the perfect place for a holiday! Have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a wonderful holiday. Those ATC's look great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your Lutrador sample looks wonderful. I'm sure you'll have a great time on your course, it sounds super.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.