Tuesday 31 July 2007

Stickers and Ivy Leaves

Lots of excitment here today because these arrived in the post.


I spotted them first on Julie's blog about two weeks ago and just knew I had to have some. It was so easy to do (even for me!) I love little stickers anyway but to be able to have one's own pictures on them is just so much fun. They are MOO print stickers and are available here. They will be stuck on everything from now!

Have almost finished everything I need to do for summer school so have spent the rest of the day painting ivy leaves silver. I kept thinking of the Cards in the Disney Alice in Wonderland, singing "Painting the Roses Red"... Painting the Ivy Silver doesn't have quite the same ring to it!



so I could make this... another commissioned book.




It's quite a simple construction - a zigzag concertina book with board covers. The covers are the painted ivy leaves bonded between layers of black paper, lace and sheer fabric, decorated with free machine embroidery. There were lots of leaves left over so may make some more ATCs later if any one fancies a swap?

3 comments:

  1. Hi thanks for stopping by my blog and welcome to this addictive world you won't regret it. There are some very talented and generous people out there. I love the Gold books you made.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous book! You've made the technique sound so simple and yet the result is absolutely stunning. Is it any old black paper that use or is it a special type?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This book is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.