Friday 24 January 2014

Faces

After weeks of throwing around ideas, it came like a shock in the middle of the night when I realised what I wanted to do... literally in the middle of the night!
 
 
Amazingly the idea was still there when I woke up this morning so I set about making some samples...

 
Experiencing the frustration of not quite being able to make the ideas in my head translate into reality...

 
And then the sadness of knowing I was going to have to stop sampling and put it all aside until Monday because I'm away teaching all weekend

 
But most of all happy that ideas are starting to flow again and I'm actually doing something about it...

 
Because it has felt like a long time!

 
These were another middle of the night idea... but perhaps not my finest moment.

 
I'd say watch this space but of course it might not work, I might bin the lot and then go back to the drawing board. But I'll be sure to show you if it does work. Must go.. still got to pack my overnight bag. Have a great weekend!

19 comments:

  1. love the faces, don't 'bin' those!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed,save the faces, they are so expressive. I hope you have a good time at Missenden.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that all looks very intriguing - especially the legs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. very expressive Gina. it must be a relief (?) to have some creative ideas flowing again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a great weekend. I love the beginnings. I hope you continue.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was all going so well until the last photo...

    ReplyDelete
  7. A real Eureka moment! You have created such wonderful expressions on each face and I love the legs! Mine are a bit like that!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love them- the faces and the legs! Can't wait to see how they turn out, don't you dare bin them.
    You are fortunate, the only thing that comes to me in my dreams is that bloody George Clooney.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The faces are brilliant Gina, don't put them in the bin!!! And the legs are very intriguing. :)
    Have a great weekend,
    V xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. the faces - are absolutely you at your finest in textile art!
    But the last one reminds me of my father saying - make a noise like a sore finger (when I was little and whiny)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the faces, they're so expressive, and the legs too. Reminds me of drawing I did of a bunch of cats' paws in a vase (from my imagination I hasten to add). I'm sure those faces have lots of potential. Well done for acting on you late night idea.

    ReplyDelete
  12. most definitely not for the bin. They are so full of expression

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely not to be binned, they look fantastic. The legs look pretty interesting too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely not to be binned, they look fantastic. The legs look pretty interesting too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous, Gina, I'm so pleased you've got your mojo back, these are wonderful so expressive. And remember there's no such thing as a failure, it's all part of the process.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nice ... definitely an idea worth puzzling out ... binning these would be criminal!

    Hope you're having a fab teaching weekend Gina :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Both of the ideas are excellent. I love those faces... napkins, shirts, little pouches! They deserve more consideration because I think you've got something there! Creative moments come and go. Don't get too down about it, but embrace your good ideas when you have them! Take it easy and have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  18. The faces look great! Really looking forward to seeing how your ideas develop....

    ReplyDelete
  19. Looks interesting! There is always a large box of legs outside the art block at my daughter's school, sticking up in the air like that - always tickles me when I walk past!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.