Friday 24 June 2011

Retail Therapy

It came up in conversation with Kristina a couple of weeks ago that I had never been to Loop... a situation that obviously needed to be remedied.


So today we arranged to meet  for little bit of yarn therapy... although my intention was just to window shop... really!


Before we even got as far as Loop, Kristina had spotted a rather gorgeous shop called "Home and Pantry" selling itself as a "Lifestyle Boutique and Cafe" which we had to investigate. I was immediately drawn to some beautiful textiles... and before I knew it I had bought this fabulous scarf/wrap... how could I resist that lace?


Before I was tempted by anything else in the shop we wandered a little further along Camden Passage to Loop... why had I never been before? Such beautiful yarns and such wonderful colours... heaven. 


Of course, it would of been rude not to... (and I did get a free bag!)


And so I managed to come home with some rather lovely Quince & Co yarns to make a couple of hats (I couldn't decide between the pink or the blue so opted for both) and a pair of socks.


After Loop we wandered a little further along the road to The Make Lounge shop where I had no intention of buying anything despite lots of tempting goodies on display... until I saw this Clothkits skirt. It is one I've looked at before on the website but here it was in a perfect grey with 25% off. I had to!



After a leisurely lunch we made our way back to the underground but with one last temptation on the way... a frozen yoghurt from Frae. It is a long time since I have tasted a dessert this good. I think I might even prefer it to ice cream... and it's healthy too... all that fat free yoghurt and fruit has to be good for you.


So all in all a fabulous day out and as Kristina pointed out I've come home with almost a complete outfit... socks, skirt, two hats and a scarf... not sure how good that will look together... and I'd have to find a top... but not bad for a bit of window shopping!
Thank you Kristina, you really do know the best places and I've had a lovely time.

22 comments:

  1. Hmmm, a complete outfit - I like your way of thinking. That means I've come home with 4 pillowcases and 2 quilts, plus a school anniversary wall hanging ...

    I'm only a tiny bit jealous, honest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing like a bit of retail therapy to cheer you up, especially when it consists of creative purchases:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. 'my intention was just to window shop. yeah...right.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh yum - that looks an idyllic day out Gina. hope the retail therapy was helpful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was a visit to Loop that put me on the sock knitting path! Sounds like you had a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those shops sound irresistible Gina, as do your purchases - good value for money as you now have the pleasure of knitting/crocheting those lovely yarns. The raspberry dessert looks scrummy - my favourite.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loop has been on my list for a while too and if they're offering a free bag, it's just made the top 5. Actually, I got a bag at IKnit too plus I've yet to investigate that vintage shop you mentioned. Another shopping expedition me thinks ..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Retail + Kristina = a perfect day our!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wish I could knit! I love the look of the Clothkits skirts too, I want the red one with the bird print. I like their stuff so much more now than when I was forced to wear it in the 70s. I remember it all being brown, stripey and mid-thigh length...not sure I could get away with that nowadays!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Perfect day - great friend, super purchases AND delicious frozen yoghurt too!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. That day sounds like exactly what you needed, Gina. I'm so glad you had such lovely destinations and company.

    ReplyDelete
  12. If I had to pick anything out of your purchases, it would be the scarf......no, it would be the skirt, no, it would be the yarn................

    Sounds like a perfect day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you so much for the most fabulous day out! K x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ah that's my kind of window shopping, you sort where you come home with stuff!! ;)
    Loop is great!
    Vivienne x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sounds like a perfect day - look forward to seeing all the finished articles

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ooh lovely - I haven't managed to visit the new Loop yet but it looks fab. I am going to have to go soon by the look of those gorgeous yarns!

    I think you were very restrained with your 'window shopping' ;o)

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ooh sounds like a lovely day out - I'm very envious! x

    ReplyDelete
  18. You know, I have never been to Loop either ... I just need someone to take me! I think you were quite restrained, really!

    Pomona x

    ReplyDelete
  19. So sorry to read about your course. I have just finished my degree, started for the same reason as you-life long ambition and would have been devastated if the same had happened to me.... I too would hresort to retail therapy-especially in Cambridge (where my son wa a student for for years). Have you thought of putting everything on hold and doing the last year full time?? At CCAD they do a top up Honours year for students who have done Foundation degrees,maybe there is somewhere near you that might do the same.We had people travelling by train as well as car, from Hexam and York to do their degrees, for SIX yrs (P/T). GOOD LUCK

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sounds like a truly good day out - and I love meeting up with Kristina - she has a nose for all the best places!

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a wonderful outing - and fabulous shopping. Love the lacy shawl. Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Just the sort of day you needed! Love your purchases,look forward to seeing you in the hat come winter time x

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.