Monday 3 January 2011

Splash of Colour

Joining in with Emma's Splash of Colour week, this is my contribution for January. I have to admit that I don't really mind this time of year. I find the New Year with its promise of new beginnings and fresh starts all rather exciting... enough to make me overlook the grey skies and short days... at least for the first week or two. And my optimism extends to actually believing that I will lose weight and get fitter etc etc ... you would think at my age I would know better.

This is my favourite soup for when I'm in this "fresh start" frame of mind... an orange, ginger and lentil soup that feels as though it is doing good with every mouthful. Fresh flavours and fresh colours, especially when sprinkled with a liberal dose of parsley.

Happy New Year everyone!

17 comments:

  1. Ooh, that soup sound delicious - as though it would really pep me up. Delicious. It's so colourful too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, you're the opposite to me - I struggle from now until March. November and December - no problem. But leaden skied January and February - ugh.

    My word verification sounds far too rude for me to type it in, but it did make me laugh ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmm - sounds good. And healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year Gina, hope it's a good one for you and DH.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks delicious and love the splash of color!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I look forward at this time of year to the spring and new starts! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your soup looks delicious and is just what is needed at this time of year. Lose weight and keep fit? You make those resolutions too?!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I actually don't mind this time of year either!
    That soup does look good! :)
    Vivienne x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Linking to you tomorrow. Using your brownies to advertise your blog. And congratulations on being in the UK webarchive!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I find this time of year really difficult--but I'm thinking such a vibrant, warming soup could change everything! K x

    ReplyDelete
  11. that soup looks lovely - do you have the recipe? I'm not a brilliant cook - but willing if I can get hold of a recipe that I can actually pronounce the ingredients!
    Wishing you a wonderful New Year, Gina x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks very delicious, my good man is experimenting with soups at the mo so I'll add to that request for the recipe. It'll warm his retirement jitters!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yum that soup sounds gorgeous - Happy New Year x

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love ginger! And I am very fond of oranges and lentils, also!! So, do I just toss some of each into a pot, or what?

    ReplyDelete
  15. I feel the same Gina. I love the fresh start. Happy Nerw year to you x

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.