Wednesday 7 April 2010

The Places I Work No. 1

One of the best things about my job is the places I work and the people I meet. One of my favourite places to work (and shop!) is Art Van Go and today I've been there teaching a "Razzle Dazzle" workshop to twelve delightful ladies.

We concentrated on different free machine embroidery stitches.

Using coloured foils,

and painted leaves (real ivy leaves)

The emphasis was on making samples that could be used for future projects.

The photographs are just a very small selection of what they achieved during the day as each student made at least three samples each.

Lots of colour, sparkle and Razzle Dazzle!

What was also lovely today was that I had several young ladies in the class - some A level textile students plus a young teacher. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy teaching students of all ages... in fact ladies of a certain age (and I include myself) make up most of my classes. But it was great to know these skills are being passed onto to a younger generation.

I tried to take at least one photo of everyone's work but I know I must have left someone out... because there are less photos than students, so I'm sorry! Everyone did fabulous samples...

all different... all unique.

And I have had a lovely day... thank you!

There is a second Razzle Dazzle Day at Art Van Go taking place on July 8th... but hurry... there are only three places left!

13 comments:

  1. such beautiful work - awesome!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty Gina -- it looks like you taught your students well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, gorgeous. Five petalled flowers are my absolute weakness ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had such a great day with Gina at ArtVango. Just had to say thank you, I really enjoyed it.

    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks like a fun class. Thanks for sharing your students' work with us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. they all look fabulous and so rewarding for you too to help guide and inspire all this creative talent. warmest wishes
    ginny x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely to know the skills are being "passed down".......

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such beautiful work. All the ladies clearly had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow all the razzle dazzle works are really fabulous - they had a good teacher!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just a thimbleful...


    Forget about a day at a Health Spa, a day at Art van Go is far more uplifting and exciting - although with those bowls of sweets at the end maybe not so good for the waistline...

    ReplyDelete
  11. The ladies work looks beautiful. Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful sparkly work - and yes it was lovely to see a few youngsters in the class on Friday x

    ReplyDelete
  13. All wonderful Gina! And I warned Mum the other day of Bossy Big Sister's plan that we should all go and stay at my parents' house and get you to come and teach us! Not sure what Mum thought of that idea though! ;o)

    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.