Friday 3 April 2009

And then there were more

It's been a lovely day at Art Van Go today - it's always a pleasure to teach there as everyone is so friendly. Some excellent work from some super students too, which of course I have to share. This was by Katie - I love those strong mountain shapes.

This is by Joan which I think has a wonderful moonlit quality.

Lana's landscape is in the most beautiful atmospheric colours which I seem to have totally failed to capture... sorry Lana... I think it was stunning!


This beautiful textural piece was by Helen - the grass is amazing.

And last but not least another fabulous mountain landscape by Mavis.


Brilliant work ladies and it's been a lovely day, thank you. I'm running a similar class on Saturday 13th June if anyone fancies coming out for a fun day playing on the sewing machine... still some place left. Tomorrow I'm off to the Eastern Region Textile Forum AGM near Ipswich followed by a couple of weeks off from work. Then it's just my neglected house, garden and degree work to tend too.

15 comments:

  1. Lovely work Gina. I hope you have a good day tomorrow, sorry I wont be there. Thanks for your comment on my blog last week. I'm making a good recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All simply gorgeous. No wonder you love your work! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your students have done fantastic work Gina and what I like about the work is the fact that they are all so different. The mark of a good teacher! They are not all copying you are they?
    You must visit ByC again and I will meet you for coffee. I know a place where they sell fantastic flapjacks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have a lovely job Gina,wish I could come.x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely work Gina. looks like everyone had a lovely time

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such lovely work. I really did miss out not been able to do that workshop.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good grief woman, slow down - you're making the rest of us look lazy!

    Seriously, your students have made some beautiful pieces. Have fun tomorrow and have a great couple of weeks 'off'!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! They are beautiful! All of them! Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooooh, landscapes! Very, very pretty! You need a rest -- have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. All of this work is beautiful Gina. Your ladies have to be congratulated. Did they paint any of the fabrics or were they already textured (I think I'm thinking of Lana's piece)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful works. Good luck with catching up, I am doing that all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely work! I went to a minature landscape day class today but I need to do some more work on it before I can say it is finished. Were not asked to take sewing machine so progress was slow.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous, gorgeous landscapes in lovely colours and textures. Right up my street. Lucky ladies to have attended your class - well done everyone and thankyou for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. beautiful - what more can i say!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are all beautiful - love the depth and texture in the green one!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.