Wednesday 31 December 2014

Out with the Old, in with the New!

Well there we go... Another Christmas done and dusted and a brand new year almost upon us. I hope you all managed happy and peaceful times. Our celebrations were happy, although exhausting. We started calm enough with just Mum, Stewart and I spending a quiet Christmas Day together and then going to friends to share an evening meal with them, which was delightful. Great food and lots of laughter.


Then the hoards descended on Boxing Day for our Christmas lunch. Twelve family members and friends gathered for lunch, games, drinking and more eating... excuse all the funny faces in this second photo... I caught them unexpectedly!


Then before we knew it, Stewart and I were in the car for a whistle stop trip to see his parents in Dundee although this did mean lots of passenger knitting time for me. I was kindly given a ball of beautiful wool before Christmas and managed to finish a pair of socks on the journey there and back.


Quick to knit in dk yarn and lovely and soft to work with...


This pair are for me!


And not only that, I also finished knitting up this pretty brooch from a kit that was another Christmas gift...


And it goes perfectly on my new duffle coat.


Today we are entertaining friends to see in the New Year... Not a party but a relaxed informal meal together... Minimal fuss. And I'm looking forward to taking down the Christmas decorations, making a fresh start, clearing the decks and getting back to some sort of normality. I feel change in the air too... but not sure how that will manifest itself yet. How about you?

Happy New Year!

18 comments:

  1. What a lovely big gathering - just glad I don't have to cater for that number. You must be a double-quick sock knitter!
    Happy New Year to you and yours xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy new year Gina.Looking forward to reading more of your adventures in 2015 :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year to you and your family Gina. Our decorations won't be coming down for a while yet, they look kind of nice on these dark evenings. I'm not quite sure yet what this New Year will bring either, more research, more farming but how all that will pan out? Your guess is as good as mine. Enjoy your adventures into the New Year anyway

    ReplyDelete
  4. So that's how to get lots of knitting done!! Love the socks. Happy New Year, Gina.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope that your New Year will be wonderful! Best wishes for all good things in 2015 to you and yours! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New Year to you and yours Gina! Yours looks like a happy family, all enjoying their Christmas. I love your socks, the yarn is beautiful. Seeing the socks reminded me that my December socks are waiting to be photographed. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely family pics Gina. It's so good when you can all get together. My Christmas has been similar to yours and tonight we have very good friends for a casual meal and laughter. The sox are gorgeous. Definitely a change in the air here. Will be rolling out a new health screening programme for our county in Jan/Feb. Life is going to be busy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gina, what a lovely Christmas around your place. The paper crowns on the feasting family look so jolly!

    Those Road to Dundee socks are fantastic. I must remind myself that DK makes a fine sock yarn. I like the addition of the decorative stitch, too.

    May I tell you again what a joy it was to actually meet you this year! Just as I knew it would be.

    May I wish you and yours a happy and healthy New Year! xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like good fun and love the socks. Have a happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wishing you and your family Gina a very happy, healthy and peaceful new year!
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy New Year Gina! Have a great one x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the colours in the socks! We had a 'quiet' new year, a few friends playing games - I say 'quiet' but as one of the games was Pit it was actually quite raucous and of course I'm not at all competitive!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely family photos and visits. No cold toes for you this winter - the socks are great, as is the brooch. Happy New Year - I am also looking forward to getting back to normal. Change might be in the air.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a lovely bunch of people! It's all winding down around here too and although we had an amazing time, I'm exhausted I'm also quite pleased and looking forward to getting back into the routine again. Happy new year Gina!
    Jess xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. It looks like you've had a wonderful holiday Gina -- what a fun looking group. Happy New year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a happy looking Xmas! What it's all about really. I love the socks and I envy you being able to knit in the car, if I don't stare out the window I get car sick! x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looks like a good time was had by all Gina. After all that work in December you might need a rest but I sense you're about to launch into something! I love the sound of something new. I have plans for 2015 too but I can be easily swayed on to other things whereas you are like a missile homed in on a target when you get going. Looking forward to what this year brings us but as long as it's continuing friendship and support I shall not hold us to any resolutions!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.