Monday 15 December 2014

Day Fifteen :: Hello Dolly

You may remember this bevy of young ladies that I made for Prism Exhibition at the Knitting and Stitching shows?
 
 
Well after spending a week in North London they had quite an adventure... first of all they sailed over the Irish sea to Dublin, then back to England for a few days in Harrogate, after which three of them went their separate ways  to live elsewhere and three returned home to me.

 
This young lady seems to be delighted to be in her new home and in particular with her strange looking companion, who is in fact Mr. Sock... the original sock monster and a prototype for many who followed.

 
But these girls are the ones back home with me unless someone out there feels they could give them a home?

 
I'm not sure if she's sad or just plain grumpy... but she certainly has a touch of the "Bah Humbug" about her.

 
This one looks as if she's just seen the ghost of Christmas past... no wonder her hair looks like that!

 
And last but not least - my favourite of all these girls who was meant to look surprised but in fact looks as though she has been up to mischief and is faking innocence. I can just hear that whistle.  I bet she's been feeling the presents under the tree!
 
If you fancy giving any of these girls a home then they are £45 (to include p & p). Just drop me an email.

12 comments:

  1. love those characterful faces Gina!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think number three looks like she's just walked into a room and is thinking "ooh, now what did I come in here for?"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mr Sock tells me he's planning to take his new friend 'up the Christmas tree' so they can ensure he has knocked fairy off the top before Christmas Day. Photos will probably follow...

    ReplyDelete
  4. No one wonder she's smiling. I can't see Mr Sock's left hand

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sounds as though they have been having lots of adventures! I am glad that three of them sold already. I think the last one looks as though she has just been kissing someone and is trying to pretend that she wasn't! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think Jude should warn Mr Sock about his conduct - taking his new friend "up the Christmas Tree" and "knocking off the fairy" sounds like distinctly until-festive behaviour to me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Un-festive behaviour, that is. I wish my iPad would come to terms with the fact that he doesn't always know best. (It's obviously a 'he')

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the expressions on all the gals. The shot of them together looks like a small choir, but they're all singing different songs. I hope they find new homes before Christmas! Wendy x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the expressions on all the gals. The shot of them together looks like a small choir, but they're all singing different songs. I hope they find new homes before Christmas! Wendy x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know just how No.1 feels but I think No.2 is possibly concentrating on singing a very difficult high note with her choir. No.3 is definitely a bit of a one! I hope they all find happy homes for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  11. they've also had a virtual journey to Cape Town
    http://eefalsebay.blogspot.com/2014/12/artists-at-work.html
    I always thought the last girl looked quizzical, thoughtful, a question on her face?

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.