Wednesday 17 December 2014

Day Seventeen :: A Day Out

I had a day away from all the Christmassy stuff yesterday when I went with my Mum and Sister-in- law for a trip to London. My boys bought my Mum a visit to the top of The Shard for her 80th birthday which was back in September. Anne and I were lucky enough that Mum chose us to share the day with her.


We were so lucky with the weather and couldn't have picked a more beautiful day with brilliant sunshine and clear blue skies... far better than when Stewart and I went in August.


The view was amazing and like before it was the river that seemed most impressive. The way it snakes through the city and looks just like it does on a map, meandering through is just wonderful.


We had wonderful time, followed by lunch before heading home. And the birthday celebrations are not over yet because we still have afternoon tea at The Ritz to look forward to next year... I like this birthday lark!
 
Today you'll find me back in my kitchen, but you'll have to wait until tomorrow to find out about that!

11 comments:

  1. That is something I have to do - the views look amazing. Glad you all had a lovely day, and tea at the Ritz sounds wonderful too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing view! The last time I was in London they hadn't finished building the Shard...I need to get back to London!
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful present ....and such beautiful weather too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow the photo from the top is amazing! I agree the river is wonderful. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great day out!! Wonderful views too. Tea at the Ritz sounds delightful! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so much braver than I am - I'd faint before I got half way up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful photos Gina. I'm sure your Mum enjoyed her birthday treat.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a glorious day mother nature gave you all! The river view is spectacular.

    As I look at this post, Gina, I am in the midst of a multi-hour cookie baking session. Hoping to finish this before 11 pm.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are a brave lady Gina and Rock On to your Mum.
    Tuesday was a lovely day. I was in town too with our youngest daughter finishing our shopping and having afternoon tea at Fortnum & Mason as a Christmas treat.
    Tea at the Ritz will be a lovely new year treat.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful day out! The views are fabulous. Afternoon tea doesn't sound like a bad idea either ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm with Toffeeapple. There's no way you'd get me up there but I bet my Mum would have gone if she'd had the chance. I'm glad you had a wonderful day and weather to match.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.