Monday 1 December 2014

Day One :: A Calendar

It has become a bit of a tradition that I do a  daily post in December in the lead up to Christmas... if you can call four years a tradition. A blog style advent calendar if you like. The past month has been so busy that I wasn't going to do it this year but I couldn't help myself... so here we go, against my better judgement, with Day One and our real advent calendar is up.... as it was in 2010,  2011, 2012 and 2013. I wasn't going to bother with the real calendar this year either but my 25 year old child was looking a little disappointed. So here it is again with its little chocolate filled bags.
 
 
And if you pop back tomorrow I'm hoping I'll have the Cracker tutorial ready. Just a couple more photos to take if it manages to get light which it doesn't seem to have done all day today.

 
And of course, if you are feeling crackers festive enough to join me in a daily count down to Christmas, let me know and I'll add a link to your blog. See you tomorrow!
 
Also joining in... Sandy

12 comments:

  1. Those crackers are so lovely and I'm pleased your 'child' is holding on to your Christmas tradition.

    ReplyDelete
  2. those little bags on the bottom of your advent calendar are very tempting Gina. my nigh on 18 year old had his Star Wars advent calendar this morning lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh it sounds lovely, a christmas countdown! I love your crackers, they're so beautiful. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. He should be making YOU an Advent calendar now - filled with Champagne truffles x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh your Christmas posts are as traditional as Christmas itself Gina!!
    It wouldn't be the same without them. :)
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy December 1st Gina -- your crackers are so pretty and sparkly!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It will be lovely to follow along your daily countdown to Christmas and read your various posts! I think that a little chocolate a day in December is essential eating myself! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. We have a Lego countdown calender which my son used to LOVE, but that was it. Now he could care less, so I'm off the hook. Those bags look awfully heavy ... how much chocolate is IN there?! Wendy x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I usually post frequently, but have been working on things I can't show at the moment. SO, I will try to post daily through December along with you. Some days will just have to be short with an interesting photo of some sort or another.
    http://sandysnowden.blogspot.co.uk/
    Sandy in Bracknell

    ReplyDelete
  10. Christmas traditions are where it's at. Love those crackers
    Twiggy

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are a glutton for punishment! Where do you get the energy? I can barely manage a post a month so a daily does is a non starter... needless to say I won't be adding my name to your list. I'll let you do the work and enjoy from the sidelines!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your december posts are the only festive tradition that I like.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.