Friday 12 December 2014

Day Twelve :: Five on Friday

I'm joining in with Amy to take five minutes to enjoy five things...
 
and this Friday I thought I would look at five Christmas wreaths or garlands.
1. I'm always lucky enough to have a beautiful garland for my front door courtesy of my Mum.
 
 
2. I've also got an indoor garland that hangs in my hallway. This is one that I stitched a couple of years ago.

 
3. Number three is a tiny bead garland that hangs on my tree, made from a kit given to me a few years ago by blogging friend Emma.

 
4. Not really a garland I suppose, but certainly a wreath inspired centre piece for your Christmas buffet table... an idea I pinched from Pampered Chef.  I'll certainly be giving this a try this year. It is a circle of basil leaves topped with cherry plum tomatoes and mozzerella balls. Very simple but very effective.

 
5. And last but not least, probably my favourite garland I've seen this year, made by my very talented blogging friend Lesley. Isn't it fantastic and absolutely perfect for anyone who stitches!

 
Do pop over and see what others are doing for Five on Friday.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 










 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

16 comments:

  1. Wow what beautiful wreaths! I don't think I could pick a favourite but I always love the ones on the front doors, that sings Christmas to me :) Have a lovely weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What wonderful wreaths Gina and such a great theme for your post too!! I love all the wreaths, but the one that you made and the cotton reel ones are my absolute favourites!! Thank you so much for taking part in this. Great post! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember your lovely stitched wreath, and your Mum-made wreath is gorgeous. Here I'm afraid we have the same boring artificial holly wreath on the front door that I've been trotting out for years. It is very lifelike and was quite expensive so I'm determined to get my money's worth from it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely five. Inspiring. Hoping to put our Christmas decorations up this weekend. We just need to find a time when we're all in, at home. No-one wants to miss out putting the tree up, not even 17yr old son, who I thought may have grown out of it, but no.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your five wreaths. Just the one here, still in its bag in the loft. It's a weird shape after so many years and scratches the paint on the front door but it will still be displayed at some point.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your mom makes a beautiful wreath! How lucky of you to receive a lovely gift of a wreath each year. All your wreaths are so pretty, the stitched one is goregous with all the little details. But that spool wreath?! It got me. I knew I was collecting wooden spools from the thrift store for a reason. I thought it was for a garland, but maybe I've been misled. Thanks for sharing these Gina, and have a great weekend! Wendy x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely festive post Gina. I love all your Christmas garlands - each of them is special in a different way.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, I love all the wreaths, the one your mum made is fab and as a sewing bod I love the last onexx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely festive post and I love all your wreaths - the tomato and mozzerella cheese one is very unusual as is the one with cotton reels and measuring tapes. We've just made a wreath from things we found in the garden and I'll blog about that soon:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love all your wreaths - so Christmassy and festive!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How lucky are you to receive such a beautiful wreath each year! But my favourite does have to be the last one!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely wreaths. The last one is so sweet. Would look great on the door to a sewing room. I think I will try the idea of the tomato wreath. I love all three ingredients.

    ReplyDelete
  13. They are all lovely but I have to say I adore the one made of sewing threads! I've never made any wreath but i am going to attempt one this year - in a few days when things calm down a bit I hope!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Not surprisingly I love the stitchy one too. Maybe next year? This year I thought I'd try my hand at making one with sprouts!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you so much for including my stitching wreath in your post, Gina :)

    It was great fun to make and I'm more than a bit in love with it!

    Xxx

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.