Monday 8 December 2014

Day Eight :: running on empty

I seem to have run out of steam. A temporary situation I hope as a result of several weeks doing too much. Usually on a Monday morning I'm up early and I go for a swim but not today. I snuggled up with a book and a cuppa and stayed in bed until 8 am, which is late for me. And despite good intentions I've done very little so far all day long. A bit of tidying and a bit of shopping and now I think that the sofa and more tea sounds very appealing... maybe even a mince pie.


I'm hoping normal service will be resumed tomorrow otherwise these daily posts are going to get pretty boring!

I've also conducted a little experiment and I'm trying to blog from my iPad which I've never done before. I couldn't load the photos I wanted and I've had to use an old one from last year that I found on Picassa but I'm about to press publish to see if it will work... Here goes!


10 comments:

  1. It worked! :)
    I'm not surprised your running on empty, I don't know how you keep up! Your body is obviously telling you to rest...so listen!
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh well done. I am sure I'd post more often if I could do it from my iPad. I shall pick your brains when I see you. Glad you've had a relaxed day, you deserve it! X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a perfect Monday, and definitely a well-earned rest. Let me know when you crack the photos to blogger conundrum! One of the reasons my blog has been quiet is that posting the photos involves cranking up the laptop.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We all need to have a cosy day in from time to time. It sounds to me like it's well deserved. :)
    Jess x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like the perfect day :) Love the tea cosy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think a day off is perfectly permissible. You probably need to recharge your batteries before the onslaught of Christmas and New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a great idea to slow down and take a day out like that, just doing what you feel like, after all the whizzing about. Hope you get a chance to do it again!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope that you aren't coming down with something. X

    ReplyDelete
  9. It happens to us all, particularly on a cold dreary Monday!! Try and just take some time, be gentle on yourself and you'll be back on full cylinders soon I'm sure! X

    ReplyDelete
  10. Don't wear yourself out! Your photo came up really well and is a lovely picture. I love the tea cosy and assume that it is one of your own design? Brilliant. xx

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.