Friday 2 December 2016

Advent 2016 - two

I have spent many hours this week decorating Christmas cakes for a market on Saturday but my favourites are these mini ones which I have been making for the past few years.


Different toppers this year using my new poinsettia modelling skills. I'm hoping they will sell out otherwise guess what everyone is getting for Christmas!


You can find the recipe here should you want to make your own... except I no longer dust with icing sugar when I roll out fondant. Oh no, cornflour is so much easier and much less sticky.

10 comments:

  1. awe I always love your mini cakes Gina and I would think anyone receiving one would absolutely delighted. Great tip re the cornflour!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mini cakes are perfect for those who don't want to be eating Christmas cake until Easter! They all look so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just looked at your link for the recipe and can not find oven temperature for cooking. I just love reading about all your exploits and I am left in admiration of all your work.
    Irene from Northern Ireland

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Preheat the oven to 170°C/335°F

      Delete
  4. I use cornflour too, much easier isn't it. Great cakes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What pretty cakes Gina. I am sure they will just fly off your market stall!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous, so pretty and a great gift.

    ReplyDelete
  7. They look so festive and I'm sure were quickly snapped up. Thanks for the timely cornflour tip.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.