Wednesday 14 December 2016

Advent 2016 - fourteen

On Friday I treated myself to a morning out at a workshop with Elspeth Jackson making rag rug wreaths. Elspeth was a great teacher and we learned how to make loopy rugs as well as shaggy rugs before embarking on our wreaths. Not only did she make it all seem so simple she also provided all the materials we needed, so it was a really relaxed workshop


Of course there wasn't time to finish a wreath in just a three hour class but I've been adding to it in snatched moments since Friday and have finally finished it off with some silver bauble sprays and a ribbon. It is now hanging on my door... the first of the decorations up!

Of course, I now want to make an actual rug and it's on my sixty x sixty to do list... Like I need another craft in my life!

8 comments:

  1. Hi Gina, I so look forward to your advent posts each morning - thank you because I know how busy you are. This wreath is lovely and I look forward to the seeing the rug some time in the future!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sheila. It's good to know people are still finding time to read these posts. x

      Delete
  2. ....so lovely Gina...just don't ry to fit the rug in before Christmas! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a clever idea and a great result. It looks so festive and will last for years too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your wreath is gorgeous and so effective. Looking forward to seeing rug.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your wreath looks great! Very homespun :) I'm catching up with all these posts as I find I have some time to myself this evening, and I've been missing almost everything going on in blogland!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.