Tuesday 6 December 2016

Advent 2016 - six

At our last machine embroidery class this term I showed the ladies how to make the components to construct one of these fabric garlands. There wasn't time in one class to finish a full sized garland so I made a mini one... about 8" in diameter.


I then thought they would be fun to make to sell at the market at the weekend... except with one thing and another I didn't get around to it. Which was why I was up late sewing last Friday evening so that I had a small critical mass of garlands to display. Okay... three garlands, not quite a critical mass!

Of course I didn't sell them so I now have three little garlands. They are ten pounds each plus p & p should you be remotely interested... just email me!

7 comments:

  1. They are beautiful, can't think why nobody snapped them up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. they're beautiful Gina.....I think craft fairs etc should come with a health warning, as all they seem to do is demoralise talented crafters!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think greenrabbit has hit the nail on the head! I've had some really tedious days at craft fairs. These mini garlands are so pretty and perfect if there is not room enough for a large one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are beautiful Gina and it's unbelievable they did not sell. I do not understand why people are attracted to plastic tat rather than exquisitely made handcrafted items.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If I did anything at all about Christmas, I would want one of those. They are quite lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. yes please, if I were only nearer!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.