Tuesday 19 December 2017

Advent 2017 :: Day 19

Well, the halls are decked and my tree is up and it is starting to look a lot like Christmas.


Every year I have a secret longing for a minimalist white and silver Scandinavian vibe...


But I realise that would involve a complete house make over! There is too much colour on my walls, too much dark wood and too many textures for me to ever achieve white or minimalist... but I can dream.


There are lots of white lights and candles though and I'm lucky enough to have the perfect bannister for decking with greenery.


The tree does sort of match the decor in the living room, with the gold and red baubles banished back to the loft and only the silver and mauve remaining.


However, the look is somewhat ruined by the cluttered bookshelves behind!


But at the end of the day this isn't a showhouse it's our home and we quite like the colour. And let's face it... I'm never going to be a minimilist sort of girl no matter how much I dream!

7 comments:

  1. Same dream here. Never gonna happen. Sticking with the mismatched rustic with lots of polar bears theme.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Much the same here - a wish for calm white minimalism, but the reality is very different. It's all looking beautiful with you, and I love the bookshelves - the best backdrop there is. I would happily curl up there for a good read. CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your tree looks beautiful Gina!
    Yes I love the idea of Scandi minimalism too..... my craft room is white but the amount of yarn crammed in there means it's not minimalist!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Christmas is not the time to be minimalist. Your decorations look beautiful. I am stuck in the past with traditional colours of red, gold and green, and my style!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your tree and the decorations. Christmas decorations can be so over the top and still be just the right touch I think!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everything looks wonderful - we don't do minimalism (had enough trouble spelling it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've got blonde wood with gold and straw, on a white painted tree. Then a little colour slips in, and many books, and minimalism is in my dreams!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.