Friday 15 December 2017

Advent 2017 :: Day 15

Present giving at Christmas is a pretty low key affair in our house. We don't go in for expensive gifts or lots of parcels but more for the small, useful, inexpensive, consumable or homemade. We figure that we all have far too much stuff already and definitely don't need anything more, so a small homemade gift is appreciated just as much as anything showy.


So I thought a batch of chilli jam would be useful to tuck into homemade hampers this year. I deviated from my usual recipe that is tomato based and not too hot and decided to try Nigella's Chilli Jam, mosty because it has only four ingredients and couldn't be simpler.


It has turned out rather hotter than expected though... a small taste on a teaspoon nearly blew my socks off! This is definitely industrial strength Chilli jam. Perhaps I should be giving it to my enemies, not friends this Christmas (except I don't really think I have enemies!)

8 comments:

  1. Something homemade is always appealing and so many of us have far too much 'stuff' already. I can't cope with anything hotter than a sweet chilli dipping sauce! I am a real wimp, but I'm sure you'll have plenty of happy recipients for your Chilli Jam.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure it will go down a treat with festive fare (love the labels!).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I reckon everyone loves your homemade gifts Gina!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My son Sam would love this, nothing can be quite hot enough at the moment. We don't go for expensive presents in our house either. We all have small wish lists with things that we really really fancy but wouldn't normally get ourselves. Richard for example always asks for Arbroath Smokies.... I prefer crafty gifts myself because inevitably if I receive something nice to eat/drink, someone else gets there first! Happy Birthday to little Logan, I forgot to say that yesterday. He is very cute. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. We don't usually go for expensive gifts, but daughter has a 40th birthday a few days after xmas and has always longed for a Kitchenaid mixer. So this year we're breaking that rule helped by bargain prices on black Friday. It's nice to be able to give someone something they really want.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Delicious,I'm sure and beautifully presented too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The jars look lovely and I am sure you will choose the recipients carefully. I like hot, but I am not sure I like that much hot!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.