Wednesday 11 September 2013

Stitched Miniatures

More stitching... more last minute stuff for classes!
 
 
I devised a quick and easy way of transferring designs and free machining these little densely stitched pictures quite a few years ago. I've taught the method a couple of times as part of other classes but have never devoted an entire day to it before.

 
But tomorrow I'll be at Art Van Go and we will be making these miniature stitched paintings all day. Each one of these is not even 2" square - just a postage stamp sized image that is perfect for the front of a card or to be made into a small badge or brooch. Anyone else remember Roobarb and Custard... this was my inspiration for the cat's cheesy grin!

 
Or they can be made just a little bit bigger...

 
and framed for the wall.

 
But I must dash as this last little one is going onto the front of another book jacket and I haven't finished it yet. No worries... I've got until tomorrow morning! (Although I am going out tonight!)


17 comments:

  1. These are lovely, so bright and cheerful. Wish I lived closer to Art van Go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous Gina - I wish I lived closer too!!
    I remember Roobarb and Custard well - my favourite part though was the music!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely scrummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are all delightful and such fun. There must be steam coming off your sewing machine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm ashamed to say I havn't done anymore of this lovely embroidery since the class at Art & Stitch. Have fun tomorrow, these are all beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I so love your machine stitched pictures. So perfectly stitched.
    Hugs Elizabeth xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do remember Roobarb and Custard, you've got the grin spot on! :)
    They are all gorgeous, I really love the little bird.
    V xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a clever way to use free machining! I love the book cover in your last post too - you are a clever thing!!!! x jo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have great day - you certainly lead a busy life!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your students are going to have a lot of fun today. The bluebird is definitely my favourite.

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are so gorgeous, great Christmas presents.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Been catching up on my blog reading, I love these,(especially the Russian doll) they are so precise and neat. I just don't know how you manage to be so productive. Probably because you are not still lazing in bed at 8.38 reading blogs, I guess xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gina just caught up on some of your blogs having been away for the past week. Congratulations on the Starlight Walk - and I love the free machinery pieces and wow those miniatures are superb. But no cakes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is a lovely idea for a class Gina. I wish I could attend, it looks fun.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gina,
    Have you considering creating a downloadable, purchaseable, pdf with instructions for creating these for your long distance fans? They are really sweet!
    Sue

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.