Monday 21 May 2012

Flying the Flag

In just one week I will be in London to hang my work in the PRISM exhibition "Hidden Places, Hidden Spaces" which opens at the Mall Galleries on Tuesday 29th May. The telephone kiosk has been hired, the work is ready to hang and for three months I have been making and selling miniature books to help fund this venture. Even if I get to my target of a total of 100 books I will not have completely covered my costs! But it will be very exciting to see it all come together at last.


So fund raising has not finished yet. In addition to the original edition of 50 books I am also making 20 Jubilee books, half to sell in the exhibition shop and half to sell on Etsy - some of which you will already have seen. This weekend I decided to have a marathon effort and finish off the Jubilee ones.


And here they all are... stitched books with beaded spines.


Flag books with folded envelopes and coloured pages.


Folded blizzard books. Each one unique.


And each one encased in its own unique matchbox.


And as a result each day from now until the start of the exhibition I will be listing a new Jubilee book for sale in my Etsy shop. Today's book is there now*. And if you miss one of those, there will be another ten books available at the PRISM shop next week. As for me, I'm cracking on with the rest of the custom orders for miniature books, planning what form the final 30 books will take and dreaming of the day when I wake up and don't have any more to make!

* This one has now sold but come back tomorrow for the next one!

14 comments:

  1. iiThey brilliant!
    You know what Gina, you'll miss them when you have no more to make! ;)
    Vivienne x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Only ten?!?!?! You 're slacking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They will fly off the sales table - each one is a tiny treasure. You won't know what to do with yourself when the last book is made!!
    Best of luck with the exhibition - hope all goes according to plan. The kiosk will attract lots of interest.

    ReplyDelete
  4. well done Gina - you have done fantastically and all of us who have one of your creations love them dearly

    ReplyDelete
  5. The very best of luck for Prism, wish I could come but sadly busy elesewhere. Thank you very much for the books which arrived today. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are wonderful Gina. Such an inspired way to raise funds and I'm so glad it's helped make your installation a reality.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Are you dreaming of little tiny books every night?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck with the exhibition Gina. I hope we see photos of your box in situ. How wonderful to see it in a gallery setting!You'll be in the right place at the right time so those jubilee books will fly off the table.All you have to do is keep the stamina up to keep making them. Good luck with that too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gina, you are a book making machine! Wishing you all the very best for your exhibition.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Almost there now Gina.......... not long to go...

    These Jubilee books look wonderful en masse in your photo.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gina, the little books are exquisite - I will treasure mine and I know my granddaughter will love hers.

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG Gina you have been working hard. they are fab. we have the torch in Cheltenham tomorrow. I'm getting quite excited about it lol.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the Jubilee books; hope the kiosk looks great next week (or rather the contents!). Of course it all started in sleepy Steeple!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm sure that it will be wonderful Gina, I hope you won't get stressed.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.