Monday 6 February 2012

We Have Lift Off...

Fortunately the roads were clear of snow this morning and despite a bit of shovelling required in the Art Van Go car park we managed to get our SPECTRUM exhibition hung ready for the opening tomorrow.


There is an eclectic collection of work - something for all tastes with plenty of smaller items for sale too.


There are pictures and hangings ranging from Gill's beautiful graphic designs...


to Jenny's fossil inspired pieces...


Angela's wonky log cabin... and much much more.


I even managed to get my daisies framed in time.


I think it all looks excellent which is quite an achievement for a first exhibition. Well done girls!

SPECTRUM
"Close to Home"
7th February - 3rd March 2012

Please come and visit if you live nearby... and if you are free we're having a tea party in the gallery on Saturday afternoon... would love to see you.

****
On a completely different subject... I almost forgot the winner of my Abel and Cole book giveaway was Jane.


I have to tell you that as I took this photograph my dear son almost choked himself with hysterical laughter... "as if people won't think you fixed it because you took a photo"... well, I didn't fix it and Jane was the first and only name out of the bowl.... and it's the last time I build a snowman with him!!! If you are not familiar with Jane's blog do go and take a look. She is a talented painter, writer and now it would seem, film maker too.

21 comments:

  1. The work looks great, hoping to visit AVG to see more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It all looks great! I love the fossils and your daisies are beautiful!
    I had to smile at your son's comment, I've often thought the same myself when photographing a draw. :) Congrats to Jane!
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations to Jane on winning the book, and also to all the artists taking part in the exhibition. It looks wonderful and I'd certainly come to see it if I lived nearer. Hope you get lots of interested visitors - with money to spend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooh like Heather, wish I was nearer Gina. looks wonderful. wish you every success!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope to see you and the exhibition on Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The exhibition looks well worth a visit. Just wish I was a little closer. Wishing you every success with it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It all looks wonderful, so sad that I can't get there but have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The exhibition looks wonderful, well done to everyone concerned and well done to Jane for winning.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Everything looks great hung up there, it will be a wonderful exhibition. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well done getting the exhibition hung, it looks really good and I hope to see it in the flesh.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The exhibition looks fantastic - I wish I was able to come and see. I hope it all goes well for you and your group!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well, I am way too far away to visit the exhibition, but I hope it is a big success, the photos you have shown look pretty good to me. Lucky Jane to have won the book, I followed the link to her interesting blog too. Cheers from a very hot spot in Oz.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think we all did very well yesterday and the photos look good. Gongratulations to Jane.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well done to all of you - it looks glorious!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh it all looks lovely - well done - good luck I am sure it will be a success.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Exhibition looks great - hope it goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I would love to see all the exhibition work up close, it looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  18. The exhibition looks super, well done for getting your daisies framed in time!

    Congrats to Jane. Like your son, mine laughed when I videoed a draw that I did - the cynic in him made it quite clear that it could have been fixed (my sister in law won the prize). Thing is, if I'd specifically wanted her to have the prize I would have given it to her, and not bothered with a draw. Funny thing is, when my sister in law did a prize draw on her blog, guess who won it? Yes, me! And it was my mother in law doing the drawing, so it DEFINITELY wasn't fixed!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm late, like the White Rabbit -- for some reason I didn't seem to get an alert for this lovely post. I'm so pleased to have won your giveaway -- thank you! I never win anything!! And thanks for the more than kind words about my blog. X

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great looking exhibition Gina. I am particularly struck with Gill's pieces but then I'm a pushover for anything grpahic and so well done. Hope the weather is kind and allows lots of visitors to see everyone's hard work. As for Jane H, all those words about her blog are so true. Lucky her to win your give away!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.