Tuesday, 14 August 2007
Braids and Books
A slightly frustrating day today. I didn't feel inspired to work in my sketchbook, nor did I feel much like stitching anything creative so thought I would play it safe, stick to something familiar and make up some more little books. I was making braids on the machine for the ties, something I've done dozens of times before - nothing too difficult, foot on, feed dogs up - but I was having real problems! The thread kept breaking and snarling up in the bobbin every couple of inches. I re threaded the machine, I cleaned the machine, I changed the thread, I changed the needle... all the sort of good advice I give my students but to no avail. Then suddenly after nearly an hour everything worked like clockwork! Still don't know what caused the problem.