Wednesday 25 May 2016

A puppy post!

As we have had Hector with us for a whole week now... a whole week where we have never had so many visitors, I thought it was time for a post full of puppy pictures and let you meet our new pup!


For the first couple of days with us he preferred sitting and sleeping under the kitchen chairs but as the days have gone on he has become braver and has started to explore his new home.


He loves the garden and loves his toys... He's very proud of his ball but his favourite things are an old shampoo bottle and a flower pot!


'Accidents' have been very few, he sleeps all night without crying and waits to go out in the morning.


He has already learned to sit on command, and is such a good boy, although he does like to chew absolutely everything... Including my shoes. Maybe he is just trying to tell me something about my choice of garden footwear!


He wasn't very impressed with the barrier in the kitchen either, something we've had to put up if I'm to keep my 5 star hygiene rating for the baking business. He'll soon get used to it!


 He's a great big cuddly old Hector!


24 comments:

  1. If the chewing gets too much, then oil of cloves is a good deterrent. Although your house might end up smelling like a dental surgery!
    Lots of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah the chewing! I think we are over the worst, at nearly 2 years old. Hector is so so cute and looks like so much fun. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh he is such a sweetie. I imagine he is a wonderful time waster x

    ReplyDelete
  4. How do you get any work done with that bundle of cuddly puppy there in front of you? We have been so lucky with our blue heeler, he still adores his cuddly toys, a couple of which he has had for nearly seven years and he has never chewed them up!! I hope Hector grows out of that habit very smartly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. He looks so tiny but I know that won't last. What a gorgeous boy! I don't know how you are going to find time for baking but he's going to bring you so much fun. Hector's a great name or him.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awe he's adorable Gina, enjoy every second with him! :)
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  7. We once had a spaniel puppy who chewed the back off one of my husband's new leather brogues. It made him a bit more thoughtful of where he left things lying about!
    Hector sounds such a good dog but it's a bit miffing when friends come to see the dog and not you! Like having a new baby in the family. I am sure he'll quickly learn the difference between his toys and your possessions. To chew, or not to chew. That is the question Hector.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG he's the cutest thing ever!

    gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooooh, thank you for the puppy post -- he's adorable! How on earth do you get anything done??? I'll bet you're having a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Puppy love is irresistible when Hector's joined the family. From what you show and tell, it also seems like he's a clever pup. I predict lots of good times ahead. Thank you so much for all these photographs. xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aaaww he is very cute and who could resist that appealing face!

    ReplyDelete
  12. He is gorgeous! I'm sure he'll be forgiven for whatever he chews with those adorable eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  13. He is adorable! We have the same choice of garden footwear by the way same colour even! So yours are just right! Isn't it funny how dogs love to play with toys that are not their toys! Give Hector a great big loving cuddle from me! xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my goodness! Who could resist those doleful eyes? Looking through the barrier at your gorgeous bakes? xCathy

    ReplyDelete
  15. He is lovely and it sounds like he is making himself very much at home. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a cutie, he is absolutely adorable, looking forward to seeing lots of photos as he grows.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh he's absolutely adorable. A dog is on the littlest boy's wishlist here, so I'm taking notes. He really does sound very well behaved. CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ah! I see from the end if this post you must have been a fan of Hector's House! I used to love that when I was a child. Loki the frog was my favourite!xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sorry spell check has a lot to answer for! I actually wrote KiKi the frog!xx

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.