Tuesday 26 January 2010

Another little woad trip...

Cast your mind back to the long drawn out story of the woad dyed fabrics.... there was a challenge... Jude and I were to make each other Christmas presents using said fabrics. In desperation, Jude attempted to saw off her thumb to get out of her side of the bargain and sent me a wonderful book on knitting for Christmas instead. Meanwhile I cheated and dyed my fabrics with indigo. But yesterday a parcel arrived. With her thumb on the mend Jude has made me this gorgeous napkin holder so I may eat my lunch in style...

In truth, it is so beautiful I would really like to wear it... but my hand won't slip through. Instead I shall just linger over my lunch and sit and admire it while I wipe my mouth with my crisp white napkin... which beats the back of my sleeve anyday.

Thank you Jude... most unexpected when you'd already sent a gift but very much appreciated. Do you think we've finally come to the end of the woad....?

19 comments:

  1. I'd make a sound like a drum - tadum bash - but it doesn;tquite work in print.

    What a pretty napkin ring. And how very refined you are!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, it's lovely! Such a beautiful shade of blue.

    ReplyDelete
  3. exquisite! what a subtle colour.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How posh are you going to be? It looks exquisite.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahaha -- you're soooo funny Gina! Poor Thumb - Beautiful napkin ring!

    ReplyDelete
  6. its just beautiful - a fantastic colour.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. No making do with a quick sandwich any more. With an exquisite napkin ring like that you can only sit down to a proper luncheon complete with all the cheffy trimmings.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful napkin ring, no excuse for slacking now!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Time we woad off into the sunset with dyed fabrics...

    ReplyDelete
  10. The napkin ring is beautiful how clever - now all you need is a butler to bring your food to you when you use the napkin ring!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That really is beautiful Gina. A lovely thing to own x

    ReplyDelete
  12. {groan}

    Definitely the end of the woad with your puns! lol! tee hee :o)

    A very beautiful napkin to enhance your dining experiences

    Carolyn ♥

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have never been into napkin rings but that is lovely, very beautiful. Lucky you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. How utterly luxuriant! beautiful !

    ReplyDelete
  15. Isn't that so beautiful? What a talented lady.

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's GORGEOUS Gina!! just lovely. xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. That really is a beautiful napkin ring! I can see why you'd want to wear it! Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  18. That is stunning - I adore the colour and the beading. Oof, I want to see the real thing!

    ReplyDelete
  19. oh wow, that is just beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.