Saturday 21 July 2018

Sitting Doing Nothing...

So here I am again, sitting around for another weekend of Open Studios... quiet so far and although I know it is still early in the day (most visitors tend to come in the afternoon) it is hard not to feel a little despondent. So much work goes into these events that I do wonder if it is worth it. 

I'd like people to come along just to see my new discovery... I can see me doing a lot more mosaics in the future. In-between the weddings I just happened to have another birthday and inspired after my day making mosaics with my friend Terry I asked for some basic supplies to get me started. I just happened to have a handful of these blank wooden gift tags, like you do, so decided to try decorating them with mosaic to make little pendants.


Why start with a simple project when I could be doing something intricate and fiddly... well I know why now!  Not to be deterred I persevered and have made sixteen little pendants which have been added to my Open Studios sales table.


Not perfect by any means but passable enough judging by the reaction they have received on Instagram (I'm gina_ferrari_art on Instagram since you ask)


And if they don't sell this weekend they might make an appearance in my Etsy shop next week.


Although I might keep one or two for myself. This one goes particularly well with my new top.


And of course, should you be reading this and be within spitting distance of South Cambridgeshire I'm open until 6pm this evening and all day Sunday too.


There are textiles and paintings to see on the walls.


And lots to tempt you should you be in the mood for spending, although of course no obligation to buy... just come along to say hello!


Another five and a half hours to go... I hope someone turns up!

13 comments:

  1. I am visiting in spirit Gina, whilst lounging on my armchair in Glasgow. Keeping my fingers crossed for lots of afternoon visitors. The little heart pendants are adorable. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a lovely time we would have if you visited! Very quiet this afternoon but there's always tomorrow x

      Delete
  2. Fingers crossed for some sales for you. I wonder if the hot weather is keeping people away? I know I am so lethargic that hardly anything is being done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope things improve for you. If I lived near enough I'd certainly visit. I love those mosaic pendant - what a clever idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hoping it might be busier today. It's a bit soul destroying M

      Delete
  4. Awe I would have loved to have dropped in to see you!!
    Your little mosaics are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always think how lovely it would be to have blogging friends visit x

      Delete
  5. That four of hearts is very tempting ... I like all the colours and textures.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It’s so frustrating when you have put so much effort into all you do. Love the pendants, I’m sure they’ll sell, they look gorgeous. B x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just happened to have a handful of these blank wooden gift tags.
    airport parking Heathrow

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.