Friday 12 September 2014

My week in drawings

I've continued with my daily drawings in September, joining in with Laura Kemshall
 
 
On Saturday, I stuck a printed page into my sketchbook. painted it with a light coat of gesso and then drew this goldfinch using Inktense pencils... as a reminder that I'm currently reading The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt. I was inspired by some work I had seen by Anne Kelly.

 
Sunday morning we walked to the neighbouring village to buy the newspaper and despite the glorious weather there were signs that autumn is definitely approaching... lots of conkers already on the ground.

 
On Monday I was preparing for my day teaching at Art Van Go and realised the canvases that I had planned to use as samples were in an exhibition in High Wycombe library... so I had to put together the one below in order that I had something to show the students. As a result, this is really my drawing for the day, done with the needle. But I put together a scrappy little sample to go in my sketchbook, just to mark the day.

 
On Tuesday I noticed the huge amount of work that needs to be done in my sadly neglected garden... but I didn't do anything about it. I just drew a Nigella seedhead instead!

 
And because there was a stitched square on the opposite side from where I'd stitched in my previous sample, I turned it into a frame and put in a different view of the seedhead. Two drawings for the price of one!

 
Wednesday, the weather was still glorious so I went for a three mile walk first thing... I was that mad woman going along at a pace singing along to Frankie Valli!

 
Thursday I thought about doing the housework... I really did. Think about it that is... I  never actually did any.

 
And Friday... well I've not done a drawing yet because I've been busy getting ready and travelling down for an exciting weekend away. I'm sat in a room overlooking the beautiful Vale of Evesham... more about that next week! So that's my week... I thought about the housework and the gardening, went for a couple of walks and had a day teaching!
I hope you have an exciting weekend too... anything good planned?

21 comments:

  1. I love seeing peoples sketchbooks, such a brilliant way to record things. If only I could draw!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great drawings Gina. Another productive week chez Ferrari. I'm still looking for the pencils and the inspiration! Intrigued by the reference to the Vale of Evesham. What are you about I wonder? Tell soon, as it sounds exciting and mysterious.......

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully executed Gina! I've been catching up at home and preparing for a French trip hence no time to join in. I am being creative though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I too wish I could draw! Love the iPhone.
    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just beautiful Gina! I particularly like the spray bottle. So much better to draw it than to use it.... Have a great weekend. Cx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Actually I've planned to do housework and gardening! Last week was so hectic and I was away at the weekend so I've been recovering all week. I started off with daily walks and gardening on Mon and Tues but then exhaustion set in. I hope the weather holds. Have a great weekend yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the drawings Gina - even boring everyday objects become beautiful when they become art!
    I've got Mum and Dad coming down - have you got a simple, reliable fruit cake recipe, suitable for a cooking dunce and with ingredients I just might have in my cupboard? No, didn't think so xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh. They are all such lovely drawings. I especially love the squirty bottle and the goldfinch (I am reading that too...)
    Ax

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fab stuff! Love the cleaning spray nozzle.

    ReplyDelete
  10. the scrappy little sample - is the one that caught my eye. Not scrappy ...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gina, you've cheered me and inspired me with these views of your sketchbook. Time really does speed past, doesn't it?

    Thanks to you, I did open my sketchbook and put a few pencil marks in it yesterday. Just a beginning. While walking in Central Park with a friend this afternoon, I saw quite a few sights amongst the aging 2014 flowers and branches that I wished to draw. Must remember to get back there soon with my pencil and book. I just didn't want to take a photo today. Much better to get the eye, head and hand connected.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. I seem to do a lot of thinking too, I think maybe yours is more productive than mine though.

    ReplyDelete
  13. A visual diary , I especially love the ipod drawing. What a great way to document the week.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Brilliant! I've got to do house work too but like you I'll just draw it. So much more satisfactory.

    ReplyDelete
  15. How on earth did you find time to make my beautiful brooch! It arrived safely yesterday. Thank you SO much!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Brilliant work Gina! I especially love the goldfinch and conkers. :)
    Have a good weekend, it's European Hertitage Open Days Weekend, so we're off to Co Fermanagh to visit the beautiful Florence Court.
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh look, even your diary is beautiful. I can't draw or paint for toffee. But I'm not too bad with a duster!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love your goldfinch drawing - if only I could draw!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm impressed!

    After all I said I've done no drawing nor opened my new watercolour box. However most unusually for my I've done house work and weeded the paving behind the house and studio. #procrastination

    ReplyDelete
  20. Really enjoying the glimpses into your wonderful sketchbook! xx

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.