Friday 9 May 2014

Weekend Preparation

It was noted at home there has been a lack of baking of late... so I had a bit of a session this morning in order to keep the troups happy over the weekend.
 
 
A batch of blueberry muffins...

 
And a fruit laden Harvo loaf... both count as one of your five (or is it seven?) a day with all that fruit, surely? They even border on being healthy unless of course it is eaten sliced with butter. Which of course, is how it tastes best!

 
More preparation for the weekend has involved finishing off these little canvas work pin cushions as samples for my Young Embroiderers who meet tomorrow.

 
We're having a bring along a "grown-up" day as a way of trying to introduce more people to the Embroiderers' Guild and one of my helpers has informed me she is bringing along George Clooney.

 
I've got a feeling she might be telling fibs but I thought I ought to make some more cake to take along tomorrow just in case. I'd like to make a good impression... and I've got a feeling he might be more interested in cake than canvas work.

 
Of course, the guys at home are complaining and want to know why George gets chocolate cake and they have to have the healthy stuff with fruit! I think they need to get over it.
 
You doing anything fun over the weekend? Bet you're not teaching George Clooney how to sew!
 

16 comments:

  1. Bet I can guess who nabbed George
    (in her dreams...) or mine.
    All cakes look fabbo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done Pam, I bet I've guessed the same person. I'm looking forward to seeing his finished work. So sorry I won't be there.. The samples look really good.
    Annya

    ReplyDelete
  3. With a cake like that, George will be putty in your hands. Should have been a coffee cake though cos' you know how much he likes coffee! Have to ask... what is a Harvo cake? Am I being dull because I've never heard of one of those? Do tell, and if it sounds good I might even try and make one for my assistant to eat with his afternoon tea. He doesn't look a bit like George Clooney but he's alright for me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All those bakes look fabulous and I bet they taste fabulous too. George will probably opt for the Harvo cake as he'll be keeping an eye on his waistline now he's getting on a bit! Love the pincushions and I look forward to seeing what your young students do.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bet George will be back another week after all those lovely cakes and -more importantly- after being introduced to the embroiders guild. I had to look up Harvo cake. I never made a malt loaf but love to eat it. Malt is going on my next shopping list! Have an enjoyable weekend with your embroidery group, your family and of course George. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait to try your cakes Gina, I've heard so much about them. See you tomorrow, George C xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh I do love your cake posts!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful baking and beautiful stitching, too. Gina, I do hope your lads know how lucky they are.

    Bet your Young Embroideries will have fun. I have heard that Mr Clooney is very good at threading needles. Could be handy.

    I'm heading back to work for the weekend, but have just enjoyed a bunch of days off, seeing friends, knitting, reading, walking with and without umbrella in hand.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. OO photos of George please!! The cakes look delicious. I think I'll be dodging the showers this weekend. Have a good one.x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ha ha!I'm sure George will love the cakes, they look delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm looking forward to seeing George's stitching! I hope he earned his cake!
    Actually I heard someone say last week that it had gone up to 10 a day, if that's the case then cake will have to count!!!
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  12. lol, hope you had a good time with George, provided him with the right coffee (!) and cake (which looks gorgeous) and that he was a good stitcher. I love those pincushions Gina.

    ReplyDelete
  13. If George saw photos of your cooking, he would be there for sure! The pincushions look lovely, I hope you had lots of prospective new members come along for the day. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely bakes. Hope George didn't mess his sewing with chocolatey fingers.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really do need to keep up to date with my blog reading - fancy me missing George. I also confess that your healthy options are tempting me more than the chocolate - or was that just to tempt George with anyway??

    Love the pincushions as I'm sure the young EGers did.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely cakes and lovely stitching work. I'm sure that with or without George, you all had fun. No need to say that watching him handle sewing needles would be a treat

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.