Things that made me smile this weekend...
- The sponge cake that elicited a response of "Wow, you made a cake" as if I never usually do!
- My basket of jewel coloured rayon threads, gathered together to finish a project... together with the fact that I have actually finished the project (more about that later this week)
- Time spent in the sunshine potting up containers to brighten up my doorstep... and ignoring the overgrown wild garden that I seem to be cultivating!
- Capturing the odd half hour here and there to do some knitting. In a moment of wild impulse I decided to join in with the Martin Storey mystery blanket knit along. Pure madness as I've more than enough knitting on the go... but the Rowan consultant at John Lewis assured me that all serious knitters have at least six projects on the go at once. And I am enjoying see how each square turns out despite being about three weeks behind!.
- And today, baking a lemon meringue pie before the kitchen got too warm... ready for my book club (i.e. supper club) meeting this evening... and knowing it will make five other people smile this evening too!
Small pleasures, but good ones. And very soon we will be a household with full employment once more so we have booked ourselves a couple of days away next month. Our first holiday together in over two years is definitely something to smile about. There is much to be thankful for.