Thursday 1 December 2011

Day :: One

Last year I set myself the ever so slightly bonkers task of a blogging advent calendar. Sheer madness at this time of year, yet when I look back over the 24 posts from December 2010 I am amazed at what I actually managed to achieve throughout the month. It was almost as if having to have something to write about each day made me get my backside in gear and get on with things... so I thought I might try to do the same this year... and then I thought don't be daft Gina... but I made the mistake of mentioning it in class today and someone said how they enjoyed reading a post each day in December (you know who you are!)... and so I thought why not! (I know... dozens of reasons why not but hey ho!)


Well, I'm willing to give it a try and I will start with an image of our advent calendar that I have probably posted each December that I've been blogging. No apologies for repetition, because for me this signals the start of Christmas. I sat up into the early hours of Nov 30th/Dec 1st finishing this appliqued calandar many years ago and it has graced our hall every year since. I love the slightly deranged looking angels.


My boys may be bigger, two of them are no longer at home but still the little bags get filled with chocolates and the countdown begins... and it's official... I am bonkers!!!

15 comments:

  1. I'm all for bonkers, makes life more interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, you're not bonkers, you're just excited!
    Isn't it lovely to still be excited by advent calendars!!!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you're bonkers, then there's no hope for the rest of us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can't beat those lovely family traditions, even if the family has grown up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. no you are definitely not bonkers - i have an old advent wallhanging with pockets which i fill with chocolate and my two who are at home insist that i still put it up! Ahhhh. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. December is a great month, apart from Christmas all the Weaver Family were born in December. Even new members to the family seem to have December birthdays(never mind whats one more)!
    Your not bonkers, looking forward to reading your blog every day. I bet you wish you'd saved baking the cake until the 2nd now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. If you're bonkers, so am I, because I've decided to do something similar!

    Do you have a day next week when tea could be drunk? Fab new tea shop in Shepreth ...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, if you are prepared to write it, then I am prepared to read it.... with pleasure!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It was such great fun last year Gina when I joined you and the others for the advent challenge so I will be following you and having another go at posting every day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Let the advent season begin! Looking forward to your posts Gina!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You? Bonkers? I'm saying nothing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So who eats all the chocolates now?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Count me in as one of your friends who is also bonkers... and thus I feel a little less alone. I'm looking forward to your Advent posts.
    You might want to save a bottle or two of that gin for yourself.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.