Monday 16 May 2011

Don't be Alarmed...

but I would like to introduce you to a group of fifteen bald headed ladies... not a wisp of hair between them. But before I do that, I'd like to introduce you to someone else... my friend Anna. I have known Anna for a long time... almost as long as I've lived here... her daughter used to babysit my boys and it's a long time since any of them have needed babysitters! Anna is very talented and creative in all sorts of areas but since her retirement from teaching she has been learning to make prints and rather lovely they are too. We met last week to discuss various marketing strategies for our forthcoming Open Studios and eventually got around to chatting about blogs... and now Anna has a blog! You will all know how lonely it can seem out there when you first start blogging so please pay her a visit, say hello and tell her I sent you. You will find her here at "inky fingers"

Now for those other ladies I was going to introduce to you... today I have been in Chevington teaching the 4S group for the first day of a two day doll making workshop. No you silly people it's not the ladies of 4S who are follicly challenged but the dolls... Fifteen members of the group managed to sculpt a dolls head (three seem to have gone missing) ready for the next stage - the addition of a body and hair! It's been a few years since I last taught doll making but the day went well and there were a lot of laughs. Thank you ladies for being so much fun and for my lovely lunch... and cake!



As always they started with the same pattern and the same instructions yet each one is different. I'm looking forward to seeing what they all turn out like next week. I'll show you the results next Monday.

12 comments:

  1. I'll be happy to pop over to your friend and say hello! Amazing how we can be given the same thing and put our own stamp on it, making it our own. Some very attractive looking baldies there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What wonderful faces - all of them have such different personalities already!

    Just popping over to inky fingers now.....

    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What delightful faces full of character. sounds like fun. I too will pop across to your friend to say Hi, remembering my delight when you posted my first comment. It just makes all the difference yo know you're not alone in this virtual world

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the sculpted doll heads. Years ago, I was very "into" doll making, so I appreciate the variation in the faces, especially since they were given the same instruction.......amazing, and quite beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm wondering if the dolls are in any way self portraits?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh those faces are so fabulous! I can't wait to see the finished dolls. K x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it when the same input results in so many different end products and they are all so different! Are the eyes embroidered or drawn or a mixture?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those fabulous heads are all so different, hard to believe they all came from the same beginnings :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such different expressions and all beautifull rendered.......... what fun! :O)))))))))))

    ReplyDelete
  10. It always amazes me how different the faces turn out, like you say one set of instructions! I bet you had a real scream, looking forward to the bodies.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ilove how individuality creeps into everything despite the fact they all started out with the same template. Looks like good fun was had all round.... and I'm off to read 'inky fingers'.With a name like that how could I resist?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks Gina for giving me a mention in your blog. So sorry about the Eric C. tickets - lousy. The bands we heard at Steeple Village Hall at the w/end will have to suffice for now!!Glad the teaching was fun.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.