Wednesday 25 July 2007

Tidying up

Have spent the morning clearing up after the weekend. No, not a riotous party but Open Studios. For the past three years I've taken part in Cambridge Open Studios - an event run over four weekends in July where various artists open up their homes and studios to the public. I've been "open" for the past couple of weekends - lots of lovely visitors, plenty of interest in my work but not too many sales so there are lots of pictures and other bits and pieces to be packed away until another time, including these little books. I love making miniature books like these.



The one on its own is only 8 cm square and I've got about six of them. I keep making them with different coloured covers and with different patterned papers for the inserts. The two little ones are about 5.5 cm x 4 cm. Not really textiles I know but they are stitched and fun to make.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.