Tuesday 19 May 2015

Enjoy!

Enjoy!
 

Amaze!
 

Believe!
 

Be Incredible!


Don't wait for the storm to pass...


Learn to dance in the rain!


Six pieces of work, densly machine stitched thread paintings, finally finished on Friday afternoon with nearly 48 hours to go. No sweat, she says with tongue firmly placed in cheek. It was cutting it fine even for me! But the work is up...
 
Taking inspiration from the new venue and the many examples of graffiti in the surrounding area of Hoxton and Shoreditch, I chose to explore those internal monologues or affirmations we use to communicate to ourselves, shouted out for all to see.



The exhibition, Prism at Hoxton Arches, is ready for opening tomorrow and looks great. I'm thrilled to be included in such a wonderful exhibition where there is so much fantastic work from people I admire. It is humbling!
 

If you can make the trip to London over the next couple of weeks I urge you to pop in. Hoxton Arches is in Cremer Street, right next to Hoxton overground station, on several bus routes along Kingsland Road or just a 15 minute walk from either Old Street or Liverpool Street stations. It's worth it!

15 comments:

  1. I think you should make another that says These are Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gina, how I wish that i could visit this exhibition!

    Your embroidery is so vivid and its message is Positive. I know where I would want to take you to lunch.

    I also wish that you could have been with me at that NYC Dance Parade last Saturday. Wow!

    Let's celebrate the arts all over the globe. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look amazing Gina! So bright, and I love the graffiti style you've incorporated. Most of the graffiti in my town is just passing through on the train cars ;) You must be relieved that you got them finished with SO much time to spare... ha!
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these pieces! They jump with energy and positivity, absolutely brilliant. Thank you so much for sharing them with us X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Agree with Vicki above. Awesome. I am going to try & come between Weds 27th and the Sunday 31st. Will you be there? Would love to meet,

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Gina, these embroideries are mindboggling. I can't even begin to imagine how you made them! I hope you have put your feet up in the time you had from finishing early. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Gina, these embroideries are mindboggling. I can't even begin to imagine how you made them! I hope you have put your feet up in the time you had from finishing early. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful stitching. I just love the dribbles, puddles and splats! I'm sure all visitors to the exhibition will enjoy themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely fabulous - the colour, the design, let alone the stitching! What a brilliant idea.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing! I think you have some sort of magical machine there Gina!! Either that or just hours of very hard graft (and I think I know which it is!) x Jo

    ReplyDelete
  11. I agree AWESOME! I'm not sure if I'll get to see it, but I do hope the exhibition goes well at your new venue.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow Gina -- those are gorgeous! What a LOT of stitching required -- but very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just catching up with you Gina, your art looks amazing, well done on all your hard work!!
    What a wonderful holiday in Venice too, it is definitely on my bucket list!
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Real KAPOW! pieces, I love them :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW!!!
    Can't wait to see it for real in all its glory on Thursday xx

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.