Sunday 29 November 2020

Too much excitement for one week?

You might be pleased to hear that my dizzy head is almost back to normal and I'm allowed to venture out on my own once more (I'm not sure I was ever not allowed but we were being cautious). I have even taken the dog's lead again, with some trepidation I might add! However there is still a lot of giddiness down to excitement round these parts.

Isobel and I launched the first  episode of our podcast - Izzy and Gina ...in stitches, last Thursday. Lots of informal chat about art, embroidery and life in general... although mostly just introducing ourselves in this first episode.


We were ridiculously excited and nervous about how it might be received but so far we have had lots of lovely feedback and we're busy getting episode 2 ready for release on 10th December. Have you listened yet? I'd love to know what you think... well maybe only if you liked it! We've got a whole episode planned about feedback and receiving validation from others. Izzy and I have both written blogs for quite some time (I think we have a podcast episode planned about blogging too) so we are used to waiting for comments and wondering if anyone is reading, and more importantly enjoying what we are putting out there. I've also had the occasional negative comment too so we think this could be quite a meaty subject.

In fact we have loads of  meaty episodes planned so if you enjoyed the first episode you might like to subscribe in future. It's available via all the usual podcast platforms.


The excitement continued this week as I received my copies of WOWbook 6 on Friday, in which I have an article on how I combine painting with stitch. I wrote the article and went to have my work photographed by the lovely Michael Wicks way back at the beginning of the year before the first lockdown, so after such a long time it was wonderful to actually see it in print.


Photography: Michael Wicks

Photography: Michael Wicks

It's a gorgeous book and full of fabulous articles so it would be a good one to put on the Christmas list if you like creative textiles. It's available from d4daisy books. Or if you fancy winning a free copy, I am planning to give one away next week to newsletter subscribers only. You can find a link to sign up in the side bar.

I've also taken part in a virtual Christmas market in our village this weekend, seeing as any real Christmas markets or craft fairs are not happening. I wasn't really sure what to expect or how it would work but it was actually fantastic! It was all done via a Facebook event and it was hard work keeping track of who wanted what,  and then sending payment instructions as well as arranging collection or delivery, but it all came together and was really successful. There was also a virtual raffle that raised lots of money for charity and I continue to be impressed with the way people are finding ways to work around these difficult times.


My best sellers were these little angels...  I sold out! I spent a ridiculous amount of time making boxes for them and then writing little individual stories for each one that I put into miniature books. Totally bonkers I know, but I think we could all do with a bit more bonkers in our lives don't you?


And if you fancy making you own angels I have a course telling you how right here... and it's totally free!


So after all this excitement the plan is for some down time with some knitting and tea... although I confess the mug of tea has been replaced with a glass of wine!


So what have you been up to this weekend? Listened to any good podcasts?

13 comments:

  1. That little book reminds me of your treasure in a matchbox series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes... I do rather have a thing for miniature books. Although those ones were all blank. No silly stories in those!

      Delete
  2. You must be so relieved that the dizziness has cleared. You seem to be as busy as ever in spite of everything! Love the podcast and the angel with little book which reminds me how beautiful you package everything you make. Take care.x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it’s good to be feeling better thank you Heather.

      Delete
  3. Wonderful, you have been busy, and the angels are gorgeous, with the books such a lovely touch. No doubt they will be treasured for a very long time to come. I'm so glad your dizziness has gone, and very well done on the podcast, I shall definitely have a listen, I do love a podcast. CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love the sound of your podcast, I will subscribe right away. Glad you are now out and about again although I can imagine your trepidation with the dog. I love the look of your jumper, I saw it on instagram just now. I love listening to Fortunately with Fi and Jane. They make me hoot with laughter. Have a great week. B x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Barbara. I’m going to have a listen to Fi and Jane now... and might even write some Christmas cards!

      Delete
  5. I will try and catch up with your podcasts over the Christmas period when I have a bit more time :) It will be something to look forward to. As for what I did over the weekend - went to see some alpacas and dug up root vegetables. Keeps me out of mischief anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bonkers is good! I have just subscribed to your new podcast, I'll listen tonight when I go to bed. Listening to podcasts is my favourite way to unwind after a long day. I am totally out of my comfort zone, I usually listen to nerdy science podcasts. Looking forward to finding out what your voice sounds like and if it is anything like the imaginary voice I have for you when I read your blog posts. The angels are delightful, just what we need when it is dark and gloomy most days.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on your podcast, I haven't listened yet but I will!! :)
    Gosh your knitting is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Soglad your dizziness has gone it's horrid to feel unsteady. It's nice to go out alone though, isn't it! Love you knitting, something very satisfying about cable. Take care. X

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good to hear you're feeling better. I'm not that familiar with podcasts (I'm stuck somewhere in the 1970s!) but I think that may be about to change!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.