Friday 13 January 2017

Windy Weather

I've had a couple of days away... not in the Gobi desert as you might be fooled into thinking from my photos but in the depths of Norfolk!


Over the past few years three good friends have up sticks and moved away. I'm beginning to think they were trying to tell me something but they all remain good friends. The sort of friends where it doesn't matter if you go weeks, months or even years without seeing each other because when you do, you pick up from where you left off. Gill relocated to Norfolk last year and although I saw her in December this was the first time I've been to visit her in her new home (I say first because I intend to go back whether she likes it or not... she can't get away from me that easily!)


We were hoping for some long walks during the day and plenty of chat and knitting in the evening and we weren't disappointed. On Wednesday we ventured to Wells and walked along the beach to Holkham... well wrapped up against the wind.
.

Admittedly the wind was really COLD but it was still a beautiful day. Having notched up at least a day and a half's worth of steps, we came home and even though she really doesn't do cooking if she can help it, Gill cooked me a fabulous supper which even included loads of green vegetables which she wouldn't usually eat through choice. See what a good friend she is making me a healthy supper... and all I do to her is make her eat cabbage!


After a night of telly and knitting, the following day we walked from Gill's to Sandringham. We didn't see the Queen but we could just about see the sea!


It's been a lovely couple of days, Gill has cooked me some really good meals... breakfast and lunch as well as dinner, and I feel like I've been on holiday. Not only that I've clocked up so many steps that I've walked a whole extra day's worth. I could have just stayed in bed today! Having woken up to this it was tempting...


But it didn't hang about for long... and I didn't stay in bed for long either!
Wherever you are, stay warm this weekend.

17 comments:

  1. Norfolk - hope Gill is OK with the weather rolling in?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had a good visit! It is true, real good friends are still just the same good friends no matter how long between seeing them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks and sounds wonderful...the beach is brilliant in winter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So love Norfolk, I can imagine you had a wonderful time, walking, chatting, knitting, eating. Wonderful:) B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous photos. Holkam is such a fantastic place, especially in the winter.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I so love Norfolk and Suffolk!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you enjoyed it - and you are welcome anytime! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your friend must live quite close to my parents as they too are within a few miles of Sandringahm. Sadly they can't walk there anymore but I drive via there every weekend to see them. It's a beautiful part of the world. Did you hear the geese go over each morning and evening?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely photos, you obviously had a super time - that is what friends are for!
    I liked the photos of snow - we are in the middle of a horrible heatwave here!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That sounds like a lovely break and to spend it with a good friend is the icing on the cake.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gina, it certainly sounds like you and your friend found the perfect recipe for a great visit! xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Holkham - beautiful whatever the weather! Though I admit that east wind can be a killer!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like the perfect break, long walks, good eating and lots of chat with special friends.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I went to Norfolk oh... dear... twenty years ago.. or maybe more and really really liked it there... Must take the boys. Space and sky... there were so much of both!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That was a great outing...
    Please visit: http://from-a-girls-mind.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a lovely part of the country to visit and how great to have a proper catch up with your friend. Sounds like you had the best time.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looks like a wonderful little break away -- how lucky that your friend moved to a place that is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.