For the past five years I have done 24 advent posts during December, in the lead up to Christmas. I thought about it this year but unusually for me common sense prevailed... which as just as well really, because here we are four days in and my feet have barely touched the ground. My Mum is moving and is coming to stay with us for a while as her house has sold but her new flat is not ready. This has involved a lot of clearing out rooms, packing stuff in boxes, as well as still putting stuff back into my lovely new kitchen. And meanwhile the baking is continuing at quite a pace. So, by the skin of my teeth I bring you... A festive five on Friday!
1. There have been lots of mince pies baked... And consumed already!
2. A couple of batches of Rocky Road made too... some was taken to Cambridge last night to go into goody bags. I met up with a lovely group of new friends, all members of the same Facebook group of food bloggers, photographers, food lovers and friends, where we had a fabulous meal at The Pint Shop, laughed a lot, got to know each other... And brought home goody bags!
3. Today I've finished off another dozen mini Christmas cakes, some orders and some to be taken to a Christmas market tomorrow. There will be another couple of dozen of these being made over the next week.
4. Gingerbread made and decorated for tomorrow's market too...
5. And just to show it's not only baking round here, a couple of festive lanterns were finished off in my last class of this year. I would have loved to have written up a tutorial for these but by the time I finished writing, it would probably be Easter. Maybe next year?
I almost forgot... The winner of the lovely Cambridge cards was Vera. Do get in touch with your address if you are reading Vera! ( that doesn't really count as six things, does it?)
I hope to back before too long, but I have 258 more mince pies to make in the next couple of weeks!