Monday 29 June 2015

All Change

Isn't it amazing how taking a simple decision can make such a difference. Nothing major or life changing is about to happen anytime soon but the knowledge that I have taken steps to make changes in the future has completely altered the way I feel. There's a definite spring in my step!
 
Though saying that, there has been one pretty big change over the last week and Joe (son no. three) has moved out. Long time readers will know that he has moved away twice before in the past seven years. Latterly he was in New Zealand but for the past three years he has been back home with us. However, on Friday he got the keys to his new flat.
 
 
He has been begging and borrowing furniture wherever he can and aquired these two kitchen chairs. They were already painted green but looked a bit sparse so I spruced them up for him with a couple of cushions. He's not gone far away, just to our nearest town and it hasn't really registered that he's gone yet. To be fair he was hardly ever here when he did live with us so it will probably be a while before we notice a difference... The biggest change will be in my food bill!
 
 
I'm going to have to get used to cooking less... Joe has always had a healthy appetite to put it mildly! I did makesome peanut cookies over the weekend though.

 
Then, yesterday Joe popped back to pick up some things he'd forgotten and the first thing he did was help himself to a couple of cookies! Maybe I won't notice he's gone after all!

16 comments:

  1. Haha, you,probably won't Gina! Boys and their food!!! At least he's not gone far, I wish my boy was a bit nearer.
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty chairs Gina! And good luck with the reduced cooking -- I wasn't very successful with that when my boys left -- and it shows LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww ... that's cute that he came home and pinched some cookies. I'll bet you were secretly happy that he did. Maybe he smelled them baking and couldn't resist ;) It's nice that he's not too far away. Both my kids are still just down the hall.
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to read there's change ahead, or the possibility of change. Feeling stuck is something I hate. So draining. Glad you have a spring in your step. Ill be reading to see if some of it will wear off on me. Had 2 job interviews in 2 months, didn't get them. So fighting the stuck-feeling right now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always wondered if boys stop eating their own body weight in food every day once they are adults proper. It appears not :-) It is nice that Joe is a bit closer than New Zealand. Well, I imagine it nice to have my grown up children near but not in the house. Have a lovely week Gina. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I look forward to the big ones coming to visit and enjoy our time with them but I also enjoy the peace and quiet once they have gone back home too. Lots of changes going on for you at the moment Gina but all good things I hope.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad you have your spring back!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay to having a spring in your step and that Joe isn't too far away.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Joe's smart kitchen chairs - and the peanut cookies. I'm surprised he only took two! It took me seven Sundays before I remembered not to dish up a Sunday lunch for our son after he left home.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's such a bag of mixed emotions when they fly the nest, however many times they do it! Each of mine has gone, then come back again for a while and each new adjustment takes me a while to get used to! It sounds like the perfect arrangement, no more extra cleaning/washing/cooking/shopping for you and he's still not too far away. Perfect! :)
    Jess xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gosh, lots of big changes coming your way! I hope that you will all be very happy with the new arrangements!! I am sure that your cookie eater will come back lots! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gina, my random workdays have been playing havoc with my ability to comment when I want to.

    With absolutely no experience of having children in my resume, I do have two brothers, and I can assure you on that basis that your sons will always be wanting to sample your cooking...particularly the baking parts.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think you can safely assume that Joe will be back often to sample your baking! How lovely that he is not far away though. The chair cushions are lovely and keep that spring in your step. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  14. Glad that you are feeling so positive about your decision making. I would think that your cooking would ensure that Joe will be a regular visitor.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Delighted to hear you are feeling good about your decision, and have that huge sense of relief that comes after a big decision has been made. I cannot imagine the time when my boys leave home, but if/when they do, I do hope they stay nearby. I love the thought of them coming in and raiding the fridge and biscuit tin just as your son did! X

    ReplyDelete
  16. New beginnings!! Enjoy the start of a new chapter!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.